Compliance, Business Process Engineer, VP
Goldman Sachs USA
New York, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Legal
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Compliance Division
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
Financial Crime Compliance ("FCC") has primary responsibility for the execution of the firm's enterprise-wide Anti-Money Laundering ("AML"), anti-bribery, and government sanctions compliance programs and, among other things, performs enhanced due diligence and government sanctions screening, as well as surveillance and investigations designed to identify potential terrorist financing, money laundering, bribery, market abuse, or other suspicious activity.
Goldman Sachs Bank USA (the "Bank") is a New York State-chartered bank and a member of the Federal Reserve System. All of the firm's revenue divisions conduct business in the Bank. Bank activities include the acceptance of client, customer and brokered deposits; the origination of bank loans and mortgage loans; entering into interest rate, credit, currency, and other derivatives; and agency lending. The Bank facilitates client transactions and makes markets in fixed income products.
There is an opportunity to contribute as a business process engineer for the FCC team, helping to shape and build out the financial crime function within a developing corporate cash management business. The role is open to start immediately.
The successful candidate will join the FCC group and assist in designing workflow management of the financial crime operations, specifically relating to corporate cash management workflows and commercial banking programs. They will participate in managing a global project which will include providing subject matter expertise and advising on regulatory analysis, identifying and realizing process technology improvements, and improving operational knowledge though well documented procedures and corresponding training curriculum. The successful candidate will assist in overseeing and managing the business process engineering for the corporate cash management business from a financial crime perspective.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Preferred Qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of the corporate cash management industry as it relates to BSA/AML and sanctions operations and regulations
- 5+ years of business process engineering experience related to AML, counter-terrorism, anti-bribery and/or anti-fraud experience in the commercial banking industry
- Understanding of the opportunities and challenges across a variety of corporate cash management products (including liquidity and cash management, lending and trade finance, foreign exchange, and dollar clearing), particularly as they relate to AML, sanctions and fraud
- Knowledge of the current AML and sanctions risk management technology/vendors on the market
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Ability to prioritize work flows and ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to communicate Compliance requirements for consumption by Technology
- Ability to work independently and yet still be team-oriented
- Proficiency in Excel (pivots, VLookups) and PowerPoint
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Compliance, Business Process Engineer, VP