Augusta, Maine, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Sales & Marketing
Community Canvassers - Sara Gideon for Senate!
Hiring Immediately - $20-22/hr, Full-time & Part-time
We need strong leadership in the Senate. A Senator who will stand up for working families in Maine. A Senator who will defend access to healthcare for Mainers with pre-existing conditions and not take millions of dollars from the drug companies. We need an advocate for a living wage and a Senator who fights to expand paid family leave. Sara Gideon is the right candidate for the State of Maine. Joi n us in helping Sara Gideon get elected this fall on this exciting campaign in collaboration with Family Friendly Action PAC. Door-to-door canvassers will engage with voters in a friendly and safe way to inform them of Gideon's political stances and help them make a plan to vote for her.
We have experience doing this work during the COVID19 pandemic and have developed strict health and safety protocols that include a contactless approach to keep our staff and communities safe - we provide all of the training and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) you will need!
We are hiring immediately, all positions run through early November with possibilities for advancement afterwards. Shifts run from 1:30pm - 8:30pm weekdays, and 10:30am-5:30pm on weekends with the possibility to work part-time or full-time.
Canvasser Responsibilities ($20/hr):
- Engage with the public in a friendly and professional manner
- Deliver a compelling script, and collect complete survey answers from voters
- Strictly follow the campaign's safety protocols, including the use of PPE and compliance with daily health and safety guidelines
- Charismatic, energetic, and passionate about progressive politics and fostering democracy
- Experienced with providing customer service; you should enjoy working with other people and be willing to speak with everyone
- Goal-oriented, determined, motivated and able to see the bigger picture
- Prior canvassing experience is a plus but not required.