Commercial Real Estate Counsel (contract)
Russell Tobin & Associates
New York City, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Real Estate & Property
Title: Real Estate Counsel (contract)
Summary: Our client, a fast-growing technology company, is currently looking for a Real Estate Counsel to add to its legal team on a contract basis. Specifically, we are looking for candidates with roughly 6+ years of experience working with various commercial real estate transactions. Experience drafting and negotiating commercial leases (e.g., warehouse leases, office leases, parking lot/garage leases, etc.) is highly preferred. This position would be a contract position with an open-ended length with possibility to turn into a permanent position with the company.
• Drafting and negotiating various real estate transactions, including drafting and negotiating commercial leases (including retail, office, parking, etc.), purchase and sale agreements, joint ventures, real estate financing documents, and the like.
• Draft and negotiate amendments for existing real estate portfolio.
• Work with existing and potential stakeholders for expanding the company's existing real estate portfolio across North America and internationally.
• JD from accredited law school and license to practice in good standing in at least one US jurisdiction.
• 6+ years of experience in commercial real estate transactions.
• Strong preference with at least 4 years of practice experience within an AmLaw100 firm's real estate practice group(s).
• Strong experience drafting and negotiating leases such as retail, office, multi-family use, parking lots/garages, etc.