Commercial Manager/Quantity Surveyor
Anonymous 450.00 British Pound . GBP Per day
Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Construction
Crewit Resourcing are looking to recruit a Commercial Manager to join a growing and ambitious rail contractor based in the Swindon office. The role is to work on a rail feeder project and includes cable containment, cable pulling and testing/commissioning.
Our client are a Principal contractor to Network Rail and operate across a number of disciplines within the rail and London Underground networks. The company are looking to grow significantly in terms of personnel and as such this role is a key appointment to our expanding rail business.
The Commercial Manager is responsible for all Commercial matters from tender stage through to contract completion. Primary duties include optimisation of margin on projects and protecting/mitigation of commercial risk, appointment and management of sub-contractors, client negotiation and management. You will support the project team as required. You will be managing contracts between £500K and £10m Rail projects, civil and electrical.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can formulate, present and manage high-value contract variations and claims through to client agreement. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to negotiate and influence decisions. Can read, interpret and measure construction drawings. Understanding of contract law. Comfortable undertaking complex Excel and Word tasks.
* Contract profit margin to be delivered in-line or above contract tender margin.
* Minimise variance in period forecast cost and value figures.
* Increase turnover via change control
* Maintenance of a positive cash-flow for the contract at all times throughout the project life-cycle.
* Demonstrate contribution to maintaining company overheads.
* Negotiate sub-contractor rates and contract prices to represent a saving of tender budget allowance
* Achieve Gross profit on all variations in a lump-sum contract scenario.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
• Degree in Quantity Surveying or commercial management
• A chartered member of MCIOB, MRICS or equivalent (or on the way to becoming chartered)
• Working commercial knowledge in the rail sector, specifcally feeder projects and variations on possessions and access.
• Experience with various forms of contract, in particular Rail, target cost price and earned value
• Hor or working towards an appropriate professional qualification/membership (RICS/CIOB)
On offer is a great opportunity to work with in a growing company who strive for excellence in everything we do, have the opportunity to grow and develop your career along with working on interesting rail/civils projects.
Get in touch to learn more