Commercial Gas Engineer
MEH Facilities Ltd 47000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Barkingside, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Commercial Gas Safe Engineers
Salary: £47,000 (based upon 45 hour week)
Location: North and East London
Hours: 40-hour week (Additional and or flexi hours could be available between 07.00 - 19.00 Monday - Sunday).
We are seeking to recruit for permanent positions experienced and qualified commercial engineers to undertake PPM Servicing, Fault Finding Diagnostics & Repairs, raising required replacement Estimates and subsequent installation of boilers etc.
Commercial Gas Safe Engineers requirements:
* GAS SAFE certified Service, Maintenance and Fault-finding repairs to domestic and commercial gas boilers, testing of pipelines, commercial kitchen canopies with Gas Safety Interlock Safety Systems, gas fires, testing & purging, etc (everything to do with gas!)
* Checking out F&E tanks, pressurisation units, expansion vessels and water treatment devices.
* Fault finding and repairs to heating systems, radiators & valves, motorized valves, pumps, time clocks and room thermostats.
* Service, Maintenance, Fault finding and Filter changing to AHU's and AC splits. Major repairs and replacements to AC equipment can be carried out by others.
* Fault finding, investigation and repairs to hot & cold-water systems.
* Installations of new replacement boilers
* IT literate to work with and update various management systems such as Verisae etc.
* Providing 'professional' detailed works reports, recommendations, estimates including model / part numbers, pics etc of equipment you require the office to obtain.
* Obtain your own standard materials required from local merchants. You will be provided a credit card.
* Comply with all driving and parking regulations. You will be liable for any penalty tickets received.
* Generally, we want our engineers to be Team Players ready to assist colleagues including the Help Line Desk to meet our Clients 'sometimes' impossible targets.
* You will be provided a new or very low mileage van and PPE that we always require to be kept clean and of smart appearance and a mobile phone.
* Vehicles have tracking devices that will generate time sheets recording times on site etc. Reasonable private mileage will be allowed.
* You will be required to join our call out rotor approximately 1:4 weeks.
Commercial Gas Safe Engineers Benefits:
* Overtime: Time + half of your equivalent hourly rate will be paid for all other hours including Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.
* Standby: £80 pw You will be required to remain close to your residential address enabling prompt response.
* Payment: Weekly in arrears. Monday - Sunday
* Holidays: 28 days including bank holidays paid at the hourly rate from accrued monthly credits.
* Travel: Between your first and last job. NOT FROM DOOR TO DOOR
* Call outs: 3 hours x rate to Inc. 1 hour on site. Additional hours paid extra.
Commercial Gas Safe Engineers Person specification:
* To be fully qualified matched to the skills required above i.e. Gas Safe with Comcat1, CCCN1, COCN1, CIGA1, CCN1 & CENWAT or equivalent.
* Undertaking neat pipework installations.
* Minor electrical connections and wiring to new replacement plant
* Reliable time keeping and attendance
* Smart and clean appearance maintaining the Company PPM and vehicle accordingly
* IT skills in updating client's systems, training will be given.
* Being polite and helpful to colleagues, clients, their customers and general members of the public you meet in accordance with your work.
* Providing 'professional' reports that clearly describes what you have carried out or recommend i.e. estimates etc.
* Honesty and loyalty.
* Ambitious with a stable and permanent position with a reputable firm.
What next: If you are interested in our invitation please forward your CV details including details of any trade or training certificates i.e. DBS, Asbestos awareness, Manual handling, Working at heights etc you hold and their expiry dates with your expectations.
Upon an offer being made we will require 2 references from your previous employer(s) and or clients you have worked with.
Our Customers are Pub & Restaurant chains, High Street outlets i.e. Toni & Guy, Schools, Religious Orders, British Gas, NHS, Local Authorities, Offices etc.
We provide mechanical & electrical building services including 24 / 7 Call Out PPM Service, Maintenance & Re-active Repairs / Replacement and other allied specialist services i.e. controls, water treatment etc. Additionally, we undertake 'specialist' Project / Remodelling installations for them