CNC Spring Setter Operator
Innovative Springs & Wireforms
West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Title: CNC Spring Setter Operator
As a family-run and owned business for over 28 years, we pride ourselves on being able to continue working with major UK and European automotive companies, as well as key industries such as electrical, medical, sport and leisure and hardware. We manufacture a range of compression, torsion and extension springs, as well as a wide range of wireforms for multiple industries using a range of CNC wireform and automated machinery.
As a direct result the company benefitting from a sustained period of success and increase in sales, we are now seeking a skilled individual on a part-time basis with the hope of this becoming a full-time permanent position. The individual should be passionate about what they do and be able to contribute to our growth. If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience; and personal qualities we're looking for, then we would like to hear from you.
Duties! and Responsibilities
- Set-up and operate conventional auto-coiling machines from 0.20mm to 6.00mm as and when required.
- Set-up CNC spring coiling/wireforming machines and verify that the set-up meets acceptable quality standards.
- Read and understand drawings, specifications and Standard Set-up Procedure documentation. Completes set-up sheets for new parts.
- Calculate dimensions and machine offset adjustments.
- Identify, isolate and resolve machine problems.
- Accurately measure parts using a variety of measuring instruments as and when required to assure springs and wireforms are within tolerances.
- Applicant must be focused, reliable and organised.
- Must have experience of working with auto-coilers and CNC spring coiling machines. It would be advantageous to have experience with HIT, Herdon and Wafios machines, but this is not essential.!
- Knowledge of basic measuring equipment.
- Clean driving licence as there will be the possibility of delivery of customer parts.
- Forklift truck licence - desirable.
- GCSE Mathematics and English to grade C' or above.
(Ability to subtract, add, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole number, fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as area, circumference and volume).
- Must be able to read, write and speak English for communication purposes only.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Whilst performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with their hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or m! ove up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works with moving mechanical machinery. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Working Hours: 08:30 - 16:30 to begin with. Days worked to be discussed. Salary to be discussed dependant on experience.
Interested? Don't hesitate! Click "apply" now!