CNC Machinist / Programmer (Milling) start ASAP
March, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Job Contact: Glenn Jones
CNC Machinist / Programmer (Milling) - immediate start
LOCATION: March, Cambridgeshire
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary depending on experience (salary to be paid at hourly rate)
Other benefits to include:
22 Days Holiday
Shift Systems - Day/double day/night 40 hr week
Qtr. Performance Bonus
Employee Health Assistance Program
4 Sites in the group with plenty of scope for progression
WORKING HOURS: Full Time - 40 hours per week
THE COMPANY: Our client is a successful award winning engineering company who are contract manufacturers of complex, precision-engineering components and assemblies for UK customers in high technology growth sectors. They have multiple sites throughout the Cambridgeshire area with their main site located in March, Cambridgeshire.
THE ROLE: Reporting to the Production Manager / Senior Production Engineer the core purpose of the role of the CNC Machinist / Programmer (Milling) will be to produce precision machined components by programming, setting and operating variety of CNC machines to meet customer demand and expectation.
Key Responsibilities of a CNC Machinist / Programmer (Milling) to include:-
• Being flexible to operate any of the machinery required to meet the production
• schedule and agreed targets
• To ensure orders are completed to the correct standard, within budget and on time to meet the company Quality Objectives
• To work from customer drawings and specifications to produce programs to the company standard format
• To inspect parts following the Checking/Inspection Process
• Actively monitor working practises and provide feedback to improve efficiencies and job profitability
• Comply with the company Health & Safety procedures
• Maintain a clean and manageable work area ensuring that housekeeping standards are maintained in accordance with the Company Code Of Conduct
• Undertake weekly maintenance checks of machinery and record in the machinery maintenance log
• Comply with the company Environmental and Recycling policy
• Undertaking any additional duties as required
• Willing to train and knowledge share to other team members including apprentices
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a similar engineering role. The successful candidate will be a team player with strong organisational and time management skills.
Key skills and knowledge requirements for the role of CNC Machinist / Programmer (Milling) position based in March:
• Must live within a commutable distance of March
• Ability to online program ('duckboard') or CADCAM (one cnc)
• Strong Team player with 'enthusiastic and positive attitude'
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Proficient in CNC Programming with Fanuc, Haas or Siemens Sinumeric control systems
Does this sound like you? If yes and you would like to apply for the CNC Machinist / Programmer (Milling) position then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.