Littlehampton, Sussex, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Finecast are a world class manufacturer of high quality, machined cast components, supporting global Motorsport, Automotive and Defence clients with cutting edge design and prototype component manufacture.
Our machine shop incorporates the latest machining technology including MAZAK INTEGREX, VARIAXIS with High Speed 5 Axis Milling Machines to produce complex machined, cast components in aluminium, stainless steel and iron.
* Machining, tight tolerance, aluminium, iron and stainless-steel prototype castings.
* Create and/or edit programmes using Mazatrol and/or Heidenhain
* Set tools and operate 5 axis machining centres.
* Inspection of parts using handheld measurement tools including height gauges, Vernier's and bore Mics.
The successful candidate:
* Apprentice trained or time served machinist with a minimum of 5 years CNC experience with complex components.
* Experience of Mazak and/or Heidenhain controls and programming using Mazatrol.
* Additional offline CAM programming experience beneficial.
* Experience setting and machining complex prismatic shapes in a variety of materials.
* Competent at using handheld measurement tools, including eight gauges, Vernier's and bore mics.
* The ability to work in a fast-paced prototype environment within a team.
* Dedicated and committed.
* Attention to detail.
* Flexible and prepared to support customer demands when required