CNC Machine Programmer
Intec Recruitment 45000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Basingstoke, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Our client have an opening for a permanent position of a 'CNC Machine Programmer using either EdgeCAM or PowerMill Software within their machine facility based in Basingstoke.
The current role consists of quoting for new machining jobs and when approved to establish machining process(s)/OP's required as well as designing all required fixtures. The fixture requirements are then passed to their on-site machinists who then liaise with you regarding the manufacture.
Therefore the duties for the available position are:
* To provide accurate machining quotation/estimates for machining non-ferrous castings e.g. aluminium/bronze alloy to customer supplied drawings and 3D models.
* For accepted quotes plan machining process(s)/strategy including specifying cutter/tooling requirements and overseeing on-site manufacturing of fixtures working with existing skilled shop-floor machinists.
* Build post processor to output NC-code to match customer requirements.
* Fully program utilizing EdgeCAM or PowerMill Software
* Once job is up and running to confirm that times meet/exceed quotation expectations.
* Provide support to shop-floor staff