Cloud Migration Augmentation Engineer
VED Software Services, Inc.
Merrimack, New Hampshire, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
We are currently sourcing for a Cloud Migration Augmentation Engineer to work in Merrimack, NH.
The Team wants over 1500 applications to migrate in less than 2 years.
They want to enable teams to be self sufficient. As teams do the first migration they will need a lot of help, but the goal is for that help to taper off as teams get better at the migration augmentation. Only specialized cases should continue to need that heavy help. within 2020 and 21 they want to cut the need for engineers in half. They need a strong developer, need someone that can be hands on.
Interview process: 45 minute interview if that goes well they'll offer. If they are on the fence they may require a follow up interview.
- 7+ years' experience delivering applications and services in a distributed environment.
- Full-stack development experience using Java, Tomcat, Spring, Angular and database platforms with strong debugging and performance tuning acuity.
- Hands-on implementation experience with scripting languages (e.g. bash, Unix, Python, JSON, Chef, Ansible).
- Detailed knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management Tools (e.g. Stash, Jenkins, uDeploy) and tried familiarity with foundational cloud elements (Concourse, Cloud Formation, Containers).
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Service capabilities (AWS Certification is recommended and/or preferred).
- Good technical foundation with a strategic and innovative mentality and an ability to run multiple priorities concurrently.
- Ability to implement clear goals with the application migration process as a customer concern point for consolidating issues, questions or technical challenges associated with migration development activities.
- Expertise in agile/scrum comprehension and completion, along with innovation and partnership; eager to learn and adapt every day.
- Critical thinking with focus on delivery execution, the quality of outcomes and a validated ability to work in a fast paced, multifaceted environment.
- Coordination of your work through good interpersonal, influencing and relationship leadership skills.
- Efficiency in solving relevant problems with ownership and accountability for results.
- Act as a liaison between development teams and Cloud Enablement coordinators to represent and handle migration progress and assist in the elimination of roadblocks encountered through "wave" migration.
- Provide support to the Cloud Engagement Coordinator in planning, prioritization and sequence of migrations to cloud-based infrastructure with an emphasis on US-based development teams and platforms through a sequence of achievements.