Cloud DevOps Engineer: Applied R&D
Aurora, Colorado, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
We are looking for a Cloud Devops Engineer to join Pearson s AI Products and Solutions R&D team. Our mission is to enable the development of AI-first, outcome-driven products to improve learning experiences. The position provides the opportunity to support cutting-edge research on a cross-functional team and contribute to developing products that have an impact on millions of learners around the globe.
In This Role, You ll Have The Opportunity To
- Work with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies that drive adaptive, personalized recommendation services, and predictive analytics capabilities.
- Accelerate the delivery of new AI-based products by standing up and monitoring infrastructure used by engineers and data scientists to train and deploy models and applications.
- Work closely with data scientists and other partners who have expertise in diverse fields, to evolve proof of concept systems into production grade software at scale.
- Identify and promote the use of new technologies, toolkits and frameworks, areas of inquiry, ways of working, methods and approaches in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Software and Research Engineering.
We are looking for a Cloud DevOps Engineer with:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Statistics or a related quantitative field(s).
- >+ Strong development experience in Python, Scala, or Go
- Continuous integration and deployment experience into Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services.
- DevOps experience with technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Terraform, Ansible, Prometheus, or Kibana.
- Experience with ETL or ML pipeline tools like Kubeflow, Pachyderm, Airflow, Spark, Databricks, or TensorFlow Extended
- Software Engineering experience including OOP, SOLID, and TDD principles.
- Familiarity with Computer Science/Engineering including data structures, algorithms
- Experience using git version control in shared team repositories and workflows.
Nice to have skills/achievements include:
- Experience extracting, querying and aggregating data from various sources including SQL and NoSQL databases and cloud storage solutions and services.
- Experience with Web Application Development including HTTP, REST, and JSON
- Experience with scalable message/event handling systems such as Kafka, Amazon SQS, or Google SubPub.
- Familiarity with Data Science, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning concepts