2M Employment Solutions
London City, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
Cleaner, Part Time
Hours: Part time working 10 hours per week; 2 hours per day Monday to Friday (flexible but outside working hours of 8:30 AM- 6:30 PM)
Salary: £5,328 a year working 10 hours, £10.20 an hour at the London Living Wage (full time equivalent £19,890 a year).
Location: Resource for London, 356 Holloway Road, London, N7 6PA
Closing date: 24th August 2018
Interviews: 4th September 2018 held at Resource for London
The Ethical Property Company
We are changing the way society benefits from property. We are one of the UK's leading social businesses, managing a variety of workspaces including office, retail, meeting/event spaces as well as studios and educational spaces, that are used by some of the UK's most influential and creative charities, not-for-profits, voluntary groups and small enterprises. In our 23 Centres across England, Scotland and Wales, we support approximately 1,000 organisations per year. We are proving that business can have a social impact, care for the environment and be profitable.
Each Centre is managed to a high environmental standard and we encourage the use of public transport and the sharing of resources wherever possible. Tenant contracts are flexible and transparent, and we ensure that our processes and procedures are simple and efficient, allowing tenants to focus on their individual objectives.
While we are driven by social and environmental values, making a profit is an essential element of our business model. We pay a regular dividend to our shareholders and manage our Centres to increase their long-term value, with a view to attracting additional investment that will enable us to grow and support more organisations.
We have ambitious plans for growth, aiming to at least double the size of our portfolio and impact by 2020. In order to achieve this, we must ensure that we have the right people to enable us to expand whilst continuing to deliver a high standard of services to our customers.
Resource for London
Owned by the Trust for London and managed by us The Ethical Property Company, Resource for London is situated on Holloway Road, ten minutes' walk from Holloway Road underground station and is where London's voluntary sector comes together to work, meet and exhibit.
The Centre provides flexible office space, conference, training and meeting rooms as well a variety of exhibition spaces. Each year over 1,500 meetings and events attracting over 150,000 people are held at the Centre providing the ideal environment for conferences, AGMs, smaller meetings, training and interviews.
We are committed to providing an enjoyable, relaxed and productive working environment. Equally, we expect that our employees are serious about the commitment they make to the company and their colleagues.
You will be responsible for cleaning of the communal areas as well as office, conference and café areas in the building, in line with an agreed schedule. You will be line managed by the Cleaning Supervisor.
The role is within the South East cluster staff team. The wider team is led by a Regional Manager, with various posts at different buildings. The team consists of a; Centre Manager, Receptionist, Facilities Assistant, Facilities Support Assistants and Cleaners.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
* Ensuring that waste and recycling are put out for collection where applicable
* Vacuuming carpets
* Mopping floors
* Cleaning surfaces, including internal glazing on doors etc.
* Replenishing and refill consumables in the building, including; toilet rolls, refill hand soap, washing up liquid and others as appropriate
* Ensuring lime-scale remover is applied to on kettles/taps/sinks/toilet and other areas as appropriate
* Dusting stairs window ledges/balustrade/fire extinguishers/signage and other areas as appropriate
* Clean toilets
* Clean kitchens and fridges
* Organise cleaning materials
* Covering for other cleaners while they are on leave/training/other
* Compliance with Health and Safety
* Deep cleans and ad-hoc cleaning projects
* Other tasks or projects in line with the level of the role
* Working within the company's policies and procedures
* Working to improve the company's social and environmental objectives
* Other duties commensurate with the post
* Attendance at company-wide events, including the staff conference, AGM, company training, etc.
The successful candidate will:
* Have experience of cleaning
* Need to be a self-starter but with the ability to work as a member of a team
* Will take a flexible attitude to your work
* Have basic Health and Safety awareness and knowledge
* Have some knowledge and interest in social and environmental issues, particularly recycling.
* You must be eligible to work in the UK in order to apply for this role. We cannot support visas.
This is a permanent contract working part time at 10 hours per week, with a three-month probationary period. The working hours are flexible but outside normal working hours on Monday to Friday. The salary is £5,328 a year working 10 hours, £10.20 an hour at the London Living Wage (full time equivalent £19,890 a year).
Benefits include 25 days holiday entitlement (FTE) pro-rata for the first year in addition to all public bank holidays. We offer a 3% to 7% company contribution to a pension, a free company bicycle scheme with bicycle maintenance costs, childcare vouchers, season ticket loans, interest free personal loans, as well as other benefits.
Please click 'Apply' to continue your application.