Claims & Credit Specialist
Triple T Transport
Lewis Center, Ohio, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
As the Claims & Credit Specialist you will work to recognize issues before they occur and foster relationships with our clients and carriers. You will address overage, shortages, damages, pricing, and freight claims involving Triple T Transport. This includes working with internal and external customers to investigate and help resolve all claims and invoice discrepancy. This position will review and process credit applications for potential customers and handle additional administrative tasks around set up. You will develop a thorough understanding of credit policies, scorecards and processes used for various portfolios.
- Assist with all claim related discrepancies.
- Take calls, create files, process cargo claims and collection management with a high degree of accuracy.
- Manage the documentation and submission process of each claim.
- Collect all necessary documents and information to file, investigate, and resolve claims in a timely fashion.
- File freight claims in a timely manner in accordance with transportation claims law.
- Attempt to collect delinquent accounts; may write collection letters; makes collection telephone calls, or make recommendations for credit limit adjustments.
- Communicate with account managers and/or logistic coordinators on any account discrepancies or concerns.
- Work with Accounting Team to resolve carrier and customer accounting issues related to claims.
- Review and process credit applications for new customer accounts.
- Process and review credit limit increase requests on existing accounts using credit report information and payment trend analysis.
- Develop working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Assist with other projects as needed.