Long Beach, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
We are seeking an experienced structural/civil engineer to join our Bragg Engineering team in our Long Beach facility. Candidate will provide technical support to our Crane, Rigging and Heavy Transport Divisions. This position offers the opportunity to participate in challenging and unique projects in the heavy-lift and heavy-haul industry. Candidate will work closely with our project teams to develop unique construction solutions and to create safe and executable lifting and transportation plans.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop structural analysis and design calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas and experience
- Support new design and development of lifting/rigging hardware
- Support shoring design and analysis
- Produce detailed fabrication drawings and specifications, including 3D renderings, utilizing design software such as Autocad, Solidworks.
- Provides technical guidance on unusual or complex design issues
- Assists sales with preliminary concepts and designs on quotes and project specifications
- Interact with contractors, fabricators, owners and clients;
- Perform field activities such as record existing field conditions, take and verify measurements within project area
- Strong leadership skills - ability to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the company and its core values
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering with Structural Engineering concentration required, Master's degree preferred
- Register Professional Engineer (PE) required
- Must have excellent technical knowledge within the field of structural engineering
- Shoring Design & Analysis experienced.
- 4-7 years of experience in structural design/analysis experience
Preferred Skills & Experience.
- Construction background; experience in crane and rigging preferred
- Experience in refinery maintenance & turnarounds
- Knowledge of ASME, ASTM, AISC codes and experience in their application
- Experience reading, reviewing, and approving shop and fabrication drawings
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills
- Experience using modeling software, Solidworks, Autocad. 3D preferred.
- Knowledge in computational calculations using Mathcad or MatLab
- Design experience using RISA 3D or Solidworks Simulation
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite
- Based on level and experience
- Medical, Dental & Vision plus ancillary products
- 401k with employer match
- PTO and paid holidays