Civil/Structural Design Engineer
Westray Recruitment Consultants Ltd
salary: 40000.00 British Pound . GBP Annual
Darlington, Durham, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
Westray Recruitment Consultants is looking to recruit a Civil/Structural Design Engineer on a permanent contract for our client based in the Teesside area.
The Companys principal focus is the design, manufacture and operation of specialist equipment and temporary works for the construction of bridges, buildings, offshore structures, refineries, power stations and industrial plants. The business has particular expertise in the erection of long-span suspension and cable-stayed bridges and in the engineering for specialist modular construction including heavy lifting and skidding operations. The organisation is a dynamic, technology-driven company who encourage their employees to interact, innovate and develop within a supportive, close-knit environment.
To strengthen the engineering team they require an enthusiastic civil/structural design engineer with several years of experience in structural design, particularly steelwork. The successful candidate will be either Chartered or nearing Chartered and will be involved in the conceptual and detailed design of construction engineering schemes, specialist equipment and temporary works.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- Working within an established team of Engineers and CAD Technicians in accordance with the requirements of our Company Management System (ISO9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO14001)
- Conceptual and detailed design of construction methods and temporary structures, particularly in steel to Eurocode standards.
- Analyses of structures using structural analysis (FEA) computer programs (STAAD Pro and LUSAS).
- Construction/erection engineering.
- Preparation of detailed calculations using Microsoft Excel.
- Preparation of sketches and drawings both by hand and use of Autodesk AutoCAD and/or Inventor.
- Work closely with CAD team colleagues to produce 3-D models, GA and manufacturing drawings.
- Preparation of technical documentation including project
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
- Graduate engineer, either Chartered or nearing Chartered.
- Minimum 5 years post-graduation experience in analysis and design of structures, particularly in steel.
- Experience in the use of computer drafting programmes (Autodesk AutoCAD and/or Inventor)
- Good general IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, E-mail systems etc.).
- Good problem solving, presentation and communications (written and verbal) skills.
- Experience in design of temporary works, particularly related to heavy lifting and moving projects.
- Some site and/or industrial practical experience.
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
This is a permanent contract working 7:45am - 4:15pm Monday to Thursday and 7:45am -12:45pm Friday.
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
This position pays between £33K-£45K per annum depending on experience and Chartered status. The role comes with 23 days holiday plus statutory as standard rising to 24 after 3 years service and 25 following 5 years service. The role also comes with a matched pension scheme.
FANCY A CHAT?
Please apply for this position and your CV will go directly to our Engineering Consultant Matthew Hickford who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Matthew on (phone number removed)