C&I Instrument Field Technician
Akton Recruitment 32000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Job Title: C&I Instrument Field Technician
Salary: £27,000-32,000 PA
I am currently looking for a C&I Instrument Field Technician for a progressive and passionate company in Manchester - the role will be predominantly field based and covering mainly the North of England and other areas.
The successful candidate will calibrate, service, commission, install/remove, fault find and repair a range of Electronic and Mechanical process control and measurement instrumentation.
Activities involve process instrumentation such a flow, pressure, level, temperature, analytic, machine monitoring and other associated process instrumentation.
Our activities cover a vast range of industries such as, but not restricted to power, pharmaceutical, food & beverage, oil & gas, chemical & petrochemical, paper & pulp, water & utilities, mining, HVAC etc.
* Commissioning, calibration, installation/removal, fault finding and repair of all types of process instrumentation both onsite and offsite.
* When site work is not available the technicians will be required to attend the office to support the internal activities of our service business and at times other production areas of the company. There will be instances where certificates or other documentation will be needed to be completed which is normally completed in the office if there is no other work planned.
* The successful technician will need to have a flexible approach to our working activities and ideally flexible with regards to overtime should there be a need to satisfy a customer's requirements which may also include overnight stays away from home.
Attributes & Qualifications Desired:
* Ideally qualified to ONC/HNC level preferably in instruments, electronics/electrical or control elements.
* Ideally will have completed a relevant instrumentation / process control apprenticeship.
* Have recent history of commissioning, servicing, calibrating a range of mechanical and electrical process instrumentation.
* An electrical background or ideally qualifications would be beneficial.
* Good organisational skills, excellent punctuality and timekeeping.
* Full UK driving license.
* Any previous qualifications such as confined space, Compex, IPAF or other specific instrument or site related qualifications would be an advantage. Training will be provided where required by BKW.
* Working hours - standard 40 hours a week.
* For days when technicians are on customer sites the working day starts from when they leave home to when they return home. Additional hours worked beyond the normal working day hours will be classed as overtime hours.
* Salary: Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications. £27-32k PA
* Company vehicle (van) with fuel card. Vehicle to be used for work purposes only and not for private mileage.
* Company credit card for business use only.
* Company pension scheme.
* Company laptop and mobile phone.
* Overnight stay bonus. £50.00 per night.
* All tooling and training provided where required.
If you are interested and would like to apply, then please send through a copy of your most up-to-date CV, together with a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and reference JL/BK02125 or call Joe Lister on (Apply online only)