Chief Underwriter (m/f)
Sydney, Florida, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Executive Positions
The employer is a leading insurance company.
- Identify out-dated and unfavourable underwring practices and processes and promote change through evidence based research.
- Be a thought leader in new developments affecting the industry and underwriting approach.
- Become and remain a recognised expert in Underwrting.
- Lead a team of experienced underwriters and provide analysis and solutions on the most difficult risks and exposures in the marketplace.
- Collaborate with Account Management, Actuarial and Claims on new business initiatives.
- Develop and build strong client relationships.
- Monitor industry trends and provide insights to your colleagues and clients.
- Participate in local and international project initiatives.
- Work closely with clients and your colleagues to create new solutions/products.
- Degree qualified and/or equivalent insurance qualifications.
- At least 10 years of relevant underwriting experience in a re/insurance company.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Strategic and commercial mindset.
- Excellent judgement and courage of conviction.
- Champion a results-focused collaborative culture.
- Actively promote and drive a free flow of information both internally and externally.
- Ability to make sense of complex, high quantity information to effectively solve problems.
- Strong people leadership.
- Travel is part of this role.