Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
- Ensures all broadcast equipment is calibrated and operating correctly during editing. Has working knowledge of all areas of technical set-up in edit bays.
- Troubleshooting videotape machines, production support equipment, cameras, switchers and non-linear edit systems (AVID, EVS and Nexio).
- Maintaining Avid systems (Media Composer, Unity ISIS, Interplay and archive LTO systems).
- Corrects and documents technical problems. Consults Fox NE&O VP Regional Engineer regarding corrective actions unable to resolve alone.
- Performs Maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, cleaning, supplies, etc.
- Communicates effectively with post-production staff to understand & fulfill requests during post-production shift.
- Reports important facility issues to FSN Regional SVP/GM & Executive Producer and Fox NE&O VP Regional Engineer.
- Associates Degree required; BS in Broadcast Engineering is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with and repairing broadcast equipment in fast-paced, sports television production environment.
- Proficiency in the use of broadcast related test equipment (including but not limited to, waveforms and vectorscopes, test signal generators) required.
- Experience in maintaining Avid systems (Media Composer, Unity ISIS, Interplay) and archiving LTO systems a plus.
- Strong analytical/communication skills required.
- Must have excellent reasoning skills in order to assist in troubleshooting and ability to read and understand system and CAD drawings workflow. Strong analytical skills required.
- Knowledgeable in all areas of technical production, and familiar with all post-production equipment components used within building. Flexible hours/schedule and weekend and holiday shifts will be required. Ability to work as a team member is a must.
- Regularly required to hear, talk and use close vision. Occasionally required to bend and lift to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule (weekdays, weekends, evenings and holidays) and must be available for overtime if needed.
? Typical tools, equipment and materials utilized:
- Computer with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc)
- Etecad File Manager (CAD) experience is a plus.
- Lead Time Optimization experience is a plus.
- Telephone, printer, calculator, copier, fax machine.
- All telephone communications within our building.
- Hands on working knowledge of all software programs in house.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Current Employees and Freelancers/Contractors Apply Here*