Chef Assessor / Trainer - (Professional Cookery)
KM Education Recruitment Ltd
salary: 26000.00 British Pound . GBP Annual
Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Education
KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Work Based Learning and Welfare to Work sectors.
Job Title: Chef Assessor / Trainer - (Professional Cookery)
*Trainee or Qualified opportunity*
Location: Surrey - Must be flexible with travel
Salary: £20,000 - £26,000 (Dependent on qualifications and experience)
Package includes: Excellent Holiday Entitlement, Mileage, Pension + much more!
Type: Full time, Permanent
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Head Chef, who has a passion for the training and development of others and is looking for that next step on the career ladder.
Full training and support will be given to Trainee candidates to achieve the Assessors award.
- Deliver full Apprenticeships in; Chef / Professional Cookery Levels 2/3, including Functional Skills (Maths / English / ICT) to level 2.
- Visiting/observing learners in their place of work to gather evidence towards their Apprenticeship/QCF qualifications.
- Assessors are expected to take part in Learner Recruitment to maintain own caseload.
- Managing your diary efficiently to ensure timely visits and reviews are conducted.
- Organise and maintain documentation on learners' progress.
- Support, advise and motivate learners.
- Overcome barriers to learning and adapt delivery to meet learner's needs.
- Must hold solid occupational competency within Professional Cookery, at a senior level, within Rosette/Michelin standard restaurants or hotels.
- Hands-on technical cookery knowledge is essential for this role.
- Professional Cookery related qualifications (Professional Cookery NVQ Level 3; 706/1; 706/2 or equivalent).
- Confident with Maths and English - (grades C or above - or Key/Functional Skills at level 2).
- Organisational skills are a must, as well as the ability to plan your time effectively.
- Confident and professional with the ability to inspire and motivate people.
- Quality driven and prepared to go the extra mile for your learner.
- Full, clean driving licence and use of a vehicle.
- Recognised Assessor Award (A1, D32/33, TAQA, CAVA)
- Recognised Teaching Qualification (PTLLS or above)
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities