Chargeback Associate I
Alachua, Florida, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Banking & Financial Services
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
General Equivalency Diploma
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The Saint Petersburg FIS Chargeback Team supports our clients and their cardholders with resolving Debit and Prepaid Debit Merchant disputes and ATM/PIN disputes. Aside from a great leadership staff, the fraud/disputes group includes 40+ associates that are well trained with a desire to provide superior customer service. At FIS we believe that our front-line associates are as important as our clients and consumer for whom we provide services and support.
What you will be doing:
In this role, you will learn and remain current on Visa and MasterCard rules and regulations, federal and state regulations and internal procedures that affect chargeback dispute processing while performing chargeback/dispute resolution processing and handling dispute inquiries. Questions and issues are predominantly routine, but you must be able to deviate from standard scripts and procedures as needed. Not only will you assist with resolving chargeback-related issues within your department, but you will also have to communicate with agencies concerning chargeback processing.
- Handle all aspects of the dispute process in compliance with Visa/MasterCard, federal and state rules and regulations.
- Review, research and initiate the resolution of dispute inquiries from cardholders, financial institutions, merchants and internal departments. Disputes that are not processed efficiently and effectively can result in financial loss for FIS and/or merchants.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations in resolving billing errors.
- Respond to telephone inquiries from cardholders, financial institutions and merchants regarding disputes.
- When unable to resolve the problem in a reasonable amount of time, escalate it to the appropriate resource. Follows up on escalated issues with coaching and mentoring to learn the appropriate solution and expand overall knowledge.
- Handle/resolve non-posted items, retrieval projects and authorization chargebacks.
- Meet the standards of the job, such as quality standards and adherence to schedule.
Extensive training 8 am - 5 pm for up to six (6) weeks
Followed by 10- hour Shift on Monday, 8-hour Shift Tuesday-Friday working between 8 am - 9 pm
Must be available to work on Saturday from 9 am - 3 pm
What you bring:
- At least 6 months prior call center experience in a high-volume environment
- Excellent customer service skills (verbal and written) that foster customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work and make decisions independently and in a team environment while maintaining confidentiality
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Computer navigation and operation skills
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while working both independently and in a team environment
Added bonus if you have:
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience
- Financial Services experience
- Previous experience in Credit, Debit or Fraud Functions
- Previous chargeback experience is preferable
What we offer you:
- Attractive benefits including employer sponsored medical, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive compensation package that includes paid vacation (3 weeks), sick time (5 days) and volunteer time (8 hours)
- Career advancement opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.