ASC Connections 12.00 British Pound . GBP Per hour
Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Are you an experienced Grinder looking to work for a more stable business? Do you feel like you've got more to give but you don't have the opportunity to showcase your skills? Want to work in an environment that encourages training and development? Then we want to hear from you!
With a team boasting over 100 years experience between them, the business specializes sub contract centreless grinding of all types of work. They have a small workshop with a team of experienced staff that all support each other as the work comes in. With a direct supply chain into various markets including Aerospace, Automotive, Petrochemical and classic cars, they uphold a reputation of quality and consistency with their customers.
Benefits for the role include an hourly rate of up to £12 p/h, overtime available in the week, 28 days holiday including bank holidays, company pension.
Working hours are 8am - 4:30pm Monday to Thursday, with a 1pm finish on Friday
Responsibilities for the role include -
- Setting and operating a centreless grinding machine to specification
- Machining of various parts from one off to small batch work
- Run a first off for inspection using measuring equipment
- Lapping, finishing and polishing to a fine finish
- Working from engineering drawings, and following job route cards
We would love to hear from you if you've had experience in the following -
- Centreless Grinder, or Grinding machinist
- Be able to setup and operate the machine to produce one off or small batch parts
- Apprentice trained or have a solid precision machining background
- Be able to understand and interpret customer designs / drawings in order to work to an extremely close tolerance
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities