Category Manager - HR
Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Banking & Financial Services
Our client, a market leading global Financial Service organisation has an urgent requirement for a Sourcing Manager - HR. Procurement operates the global sourcing, purchasing, supplier and spend management for the company and is responsible for working in partnership with Business Units and suppliers to deliver innovative solutions for the company, balancing costs against service levels and risks, enabling the company to achieve its ambition of becoming the bank of choice. This includes responsibility for leveraging group wide spend to best effect, delivering effective global spend management across central teams, setting the framework for Procurement and Third Party risk management, ownership for the procurement systems and processes which support and control buying activity and delivering firm-wide Accounts Payable & expense payments.
As Sourcing Manager - HR, you will:
- Be part of a team of sourcing managers with responsibility to shape and execute deals within the Sourcing tower with a prime focus on HR Services.
- Work collaboratively and strategically with the internal teams and external suppliers, to deliver a consistently high-quality product, service and minimise risk to the Bank.
- Work closely in partnership with the Category Management and Supplier Management teams to provide an end to end view of the supplier lifecycle, to maximise value, whilst reducing risk to the Bank.
- Provide category knowledge and sourcing support to manage commercial negotiations with third parties, liaise with key business users across the Bank to ensure favourable commercial terms which mitigate business risk. Ensuring end to end sourcing cycle visibility, creating line of sight on demand, cost, service and risk
- Support the Sourcing team and Category Managers with the day to day management of key stakeholders and executing deals according to policy and agreed timelines.
As Sourcing Manager - HR, you will have:
- Strategic sourcing experience in HR category with at least an additional 2 years in one other sourcing category. As a minimum the successful candidate will have experience in HR of two or more HR sub-categories including but not limited to:
- Payroll and Mobility Services,
- HR Consultancy / Advisory Services
- Employee Benefits & Rewards
- Recruitment and RPO
- Contingent Labour
- Academic degree
- Understand various commercial value drivers with a good knowledge of best procurement industry practices.
- Negotiating supplier contract terms and conditions.
- Strong networking and senior stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, able to present to senior management.
- Additional sourcing experience within another category such as Marketing or Professional Services is desirable.
- CIPS or CPM/CPSM
To register your interest in this Sourcing Manager - HR role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to , stating your location and current salary details or contact us on for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.