Case Enquiry Officer
Desborough, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Job type: temporary
Job industry: Government & Defence
RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for Case Enquire Officer to be based in the Kettering area of Northamptonshire
This is a temporary contract position for 3 months, and the pay rate for this role is £11.75 per hour PAYE.
Your role will be to assist in the investigation and preparation of prosecution files to the required standard in line with Police and Crown Prosecution Service policies, including interviewing witnesses and offenders.
* Interview witnesses and offenders at a convenient location
* Obtain appropriate Statements using the National Standard for Investigation
* Assist with pre arrest voluntary PACE interviews under the Road Traffic Act
* Compile notes of interview and all required criminal justice reports
* Conduct enquiries as directed, with respect to Road Traffic Collisions for submission and consideration of further investigation, diversion or prosecution in accordance with Force guidance
* Obtain follow up statements from vulnerable/intimidated witnesses, as well as special measures, withdrawal and victim personal statements
* Provide support to Case Builders in relation to the management of exhibits
* Assist with collection, viewings and transportation of exhibits and other case materials
* Provide support to Case Builders by completing Bad Character Applications
* To deal with out of area enquiries related to Road Traffic Collisions in accordance with requests
* Experience within an investigative role with knowledge of PACE and interviewing under PACE
* Knowledge and understanding of Criminal Law, Police Procedures and Court Procedures
* Experience of taking statement from both victims and witnesses
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally with tact and understanding, excellent listening skills and integrity
* Excellent literacy skills, evidencing an ability to accurately record and capture information in a written format
* Ability to manage pressured situations and remain effective and productive whilst maintaining high level of accuracy
* Able to plan and organise workload in a methodical way to meet deadlines
* Previous experience working within a Road Traffic Collisions Department
* Sound knowledge of the Road Traffic Act
* Experience of working with the NICHE Police system.
This role will be subject to vetting and the occasional requirement with travel throughout Northamptonshire.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please apply now.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer them. We have a referral bonus scheme and will pay, in retail vouchers of your choice, for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within 7 working days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer