Future Fence Company
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Construction
Future Fence Company, founded in 1979, is the largest installer of commercial fence in the state of Michigan and is focused on future growth. Our team of skilled craftsmen build some of the Midwest's most interesting ornamental architectural metal products for bridges, buildings and streetscapes out of a variety of metals including steel, aluminum, stainless and bronze.
We are searching for a CAD Detailer with experience in Tekla Structures Software to join our growing team! The CAD Detailer performs a variety of design/drafting activities dedicated to the successful execution of each project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES
- Prepare fabrication and erection drawings (for submittal and production), bolt lists, material lists, bills of material, and files required for CNC processing while meeting established deadlines
- Revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes
- Review blueprints, plans, specifications and other project documentation and successfully implement that information in the design
- Serve as an information source on planning and design of equipment installations, equipment and plant engineering
- Field measure existing job sites and utilize those measurements to generate accurate fabricating and erection drawings
- Identify any problems with a project's design and write clear, concise RFI's to find solutions
- Closely work with shop and field personnel to solve problems during fabrication or erection as they may arise
- Closely work with internal program coordinator to meet or exceed project deadlines
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field, plus at least 5 years of related work experience: or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Detailing experience using AutoCAD (2009 or later) design software (required).
- Detailing experience using Tekla Structures software (preferred)
- Experience in Structural and Misc. Metals detailing for municipal and/or industrial construction projects
- Ability to operate Windows operating system and basic Microsoft Office programs (or equivalent)
- Ability to read and comprehend construction documents, including drawings and specs
- General knowledge of the steel construction industry. Stainless steel and aluminum knowledge are a plus.
- Knowledge of AISC standards and simple connection design is a plus.