CAD Design Engineer - Solidworks
Premea 18.00 British Pound . GBP Per hour
Allhallows, Kent, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Engineering
Our client who specialises in the Design & Manufacturer of high end bathroom fittings is urgently looking to fill the following role:
Role context and purpose:
To provide engineering support in the design and development of high end bathroom fittings, utilising engineering knowledge to solve design problems with use of SolidWorks software to create CAD models and manufacturing drawings.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- You will have a contributory role in the design and development of bathroom fitting components.
- Development of existing designs and creation of new products.
- You will apply sound engineering principals to aid the design and development of components.
- Development of both 3D models and 2D drawings for manufacture
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong background in engineering design
- Prior experience as a component design engineer (ideally 5-8 years)
- SolidWorks experience including 3D modelling and 2D drafting (ideally 3-4 years)
- Manufacturing experience is essential (ideally machining, CNC etc.)
- Relevant engineering qualifications or time served apprenticeship
The role is being offered on a part time basis. Initially 1 day per week, It is anticipated the role will lead up to 3 days per week as the role develops.
The role is offered on a contract basis with the potential to develop in to a permanent role in the future.
Please note to apply for this position, you MUST have either a UK or EU passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship of any kind.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment business.
Premea is a specialist recruitment consultancy representing clients in the UK and internationally within the Engineering sectors