Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Retail & Consumer Products
Our client is currently looking for a Buyer to join their Supply Chain team based from their offices in Norwich.
The position will provide an effective and economic service to their customers, including offshore installations and Onshore recption Terminals. The successful individual will need to demonstrate flexibility in their approach and provide attention to detail in
their work to proactively find solutions to Operational needs.
Reporting directly to the Procurement Team Leader this role will be based in Norwich, Monday- Friday. It is for an initial 8 month contract until May 2022 with hope of extension beyond. To be considered, candidates must have existing right to work in the UK.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Sourcing best price and delivery for all goods/materials ensuring competitive prices are sought
• Provide customer focused support in the areas of purchasing of materials and services in support of Wytch Farm SAP and other locations as necessary
• Benchmark and negotiate goods and services involving rental and labour ensuring competitive prices are sought from existing and new vendors. Compliant with Site requirements and QSHE policies.
• Accurate preparation and issue of all purchase orders including correct cost allocation.
• Commercial awareness and understanding of terms and conditions.
• Ensure Materials and services are delivered to meet asset plan and budgets
• Provide reports to assist with accruals and project spend
• Ensure accurate cost allocation for user groups
• Issue new supplier with appropriate service/purchase order terms and conditions
• Ensure that all certification and documentation is provided as part of the delivery process
• Assist with audit of key suppliers to ensure HSE is being delivered through the correct process
• To contribute towards the maintenance of supplier records in SAP
• To extract data from SAP and turn into reports for management on Procurement activity
• Proficient overall use of SAP at a level which enables the use of purchasing data to enhance future core buying activities
Qualifications / Experience / Personal Attributes
• An understanding of Microsoft Office packages such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of SAP 4.7 Procurement System desirable
• MCIPS desirable
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.