Buyer - Mechanical engineering
Fircroft 33000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Manchester City, North, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Are you a Buyer who is growing frustrated in your current role? Would working for a large business in a highly regulated engineering environment provide you with a fresh start in your career?
If so, then a role working for one of Fircroft's global engineering clients could well be worth applying for.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Purchasing of materials and services utilising the purchasing system
- Build and develop good supplier relationships
- Maintain accurate system data for suppliers and the lead times/batch sizes
- You will ensure that any documentation with goods is requested and received from the supplier
- Be a key stake holder within the purchasing team
- You will responsible for maintenance of the procurement database
- Use your previous industry experience of procurement to find the best possible price
Our client are one of the biggest employers in the area and have a blue chip customer base, across heavy mechanical engineering.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- You must be able to demonstrate the ability to prioritise workloads
- Previous experience of being able to identify weaknesses in the supply chain
- Working knowledge of metals, castings and forgings would be an advantage
- Knowledge of ERP systems
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application