BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
A fantastic SALES / BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER opportunity has arisen to work for one of the fastest growing and innovative distribution companies in the UK. This organisation are experts in ecommerce logistics - They understand all the steps of the supply chain process, they manage their clients' ecommerce and fulfilment needs with a personalised end-to-end multi-channel solution. Based on this, they are now expanding their team and require 2 new sales executives.
They are seeking an experienced Field Sales Executive / Business Development Manager - New Business based in the M1 Corridor area incorporating Leicester, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Luton area
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Meet and exceed agreed sales and gross margin targets consistently
- Generate new business and ability to grow an extensive portfolio of clients.
- Meeting objective target of 8- 12 appointments per week
- Demonstrate experience and confidence in negotiating and closing sales with a deep appreciation for the variances in time scales and industry influences
- Manage, develop and maintain sales plans and processes within designated area of responsibility within business unit
- Weekly and monthly reporting on sales forecasts
- Keep up to date on all of services and how potential clients will benefit from these
- Help support and provide all necessary information to the Marketing department and continually work to gain insight of competitors and emerging trends and affects.
- You must have proven ability to communicate, sell and close business at all levels from Departmental Management to Board Level.
- We would expect the successful candidate to come from a New Business Sales background and ideally selling into a similar International ecommerce / Parcels / Freight or Retail market.
- The position does require a level of travel.
- Organised and self-disciplined approach to work
- Consultative approach to work
- Flexible personality thriving in fast moving business environment, and able to support colleagues with their work at short notice
- High level of accuracy
- 5 Year checkable work history, with no unaccountable gaps.
- Subject to DBS check
- Demonstrable experience of having held a similar position
- Professional Outlook
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent Excel skills and proficiency with other Microsoft Office products and Outlook
- Full clean valid UK/EU car driving licence
- Experience of working with CRM Systems
- Knowledge of ACT or similar application