Business Development Manager, Managed Services (Pleasanton, CA)
Pleasanton, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
We have a new opportunity for a Business Development Manager focusing on Managed Services. This is a sales overlay role.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Executing sales strategy by identifying customer needs and selling the appropriate managed services solutions.
- Developing business through multiple marketing and sales techniques including but not limited to cold calling, conducting in person meetings, and partnering with account managers.
- Maintaining a targeted understanding of customers' business showing the ability to establish customer needs, buying cycles, and craft positive relationships to effectively drive sales and repeat business.
- Meeting or exceed ACV (Annual Contract Value) goals as defined by management.
- Adhering to sales process including pipeline development and accurate forecasting via internal tools.
- Performing extensive proposal writing and prepares sales information for customers.
- You will lead ongoing customer account relationship to include updating account information in company systems and resolving customer satisfaction issues.
- You will work with inside sales team to ensure that quotes are provided and order requests are processed accurately and with engineering team to accurately scope projects.
- You will Develop and maintain solid business relationships within the various decision-makers and influencers at each target account
- Understand each target customer's business model, map their organization and identify their unique technology needs
Strategic Planning & Presentation:
- You will perform deep analysis of account base including "heat maps" to figure out key areas of opportunities.
- You will develop & execute marketing and business plans to drive revenue and profits.
- You will with sales leadership and team to provide feedback, develop specific vendor relationships, and advance new company initiatives.
- Presents a Quarterly Business Outlook (QBO) to Sales Manager each quarter which will focus on past performance and expectations of current quarter, analysis of pipeline, key wins, and personal improvement goals.
- Use monthly forecasting and pipeline management to handle sales growth
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- Five or more years of outside information technology sales experience (customer facing) in infrastructure, storage, cloud, network security, professional services or managed services
Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for its customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2019, we serve approximately 7,900 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $3.0 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. For more information visit: .
Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit:
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to for assistance.
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services; please provide priority referrals to
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV's not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)