Business Development Executive - NC
The Main Street America Group
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
This position serves as the lead field contact for assigned agents with ownership for profitable growth. Overall assignment will entail a select core of current and prospect "high growth potential MSA agencies" within a geographic territory. Accountabilities include agency management and aggressive new business development driving assigned agents to meet their business plan.
Typical responsibilities include:
* Prospect and appoint agents in conjunction with the overall regional strategy for expansion of distribution outlets for MSA products;
- Utilize market analytics to assess geographic territory to identify prospect and current customers with highest growth potential.
- Appoint new customers based on book transfer or significant flow potential
* Identify vulnerable competitors within assigned agency plant to leverage book roll and or book thinning opportunities.
* Build detailed business plans for assigned agents.
* Determine appropriate visitation and establish an agreed to contact schedule for assigned agents based upon book transfer and significant flow opportunities.
* Possesses a strong knowledge of the territory and the region including agency, competitor, demographics and economic trends.
* 3-5 years of experience in the insurance industry with experience in sales, marketing, customer management and underwriting
* Successful completion of the MSA Sales curriculum
* Strong knowledge of the territory and the region including agency competitor demographics and economic trends
* Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships at all levels
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
* Ability to navigate an organization and leverage relationships to achieve results; demonstrate resiliency
* Strong knowledge of business process improvement methodologies and techniques
* Self-management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize and work independently
* Ability to lead (provide direction & structure), network and influence at all levels
* Tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty
* Strong learning agility and problem solving skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
* Strong organizational and human relation skills
* Customer service oriented and focused
* This job requires daily travel four to five days a week.
This is a work from home, remote position.