HSBC Bank plc
London City, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Banking & Financial Services
- To develop & maintain relationships with the key stakeholders and senior management both within HSS with other HSBC entities, and third party advisors.
- To develop an in-depth understanding of HSS business and products to be able to comprehend touch points, their impact and what HSS as an organisation is aiming to achieve.
- To build insight around particular issues / strategic themes - using internal & external sources.to understand the context for assignments and the required business outcomes
- To develop an understanding of the business strategies, drivers and objectives of HSS business units
- To use this knowledge to be able to delivery effective consultancy assignments.
- To identify & mitigate risks and issues likely to impact assignment delivery, quality & or outcomes.
- To identify & promote best practice approaches & methodology wherever possible.
- To take responsibility for the delivery of business consultancy assignments as assigned by the Global Head of Consultancy & Business Architecture to timescale, budget and to the requisite standard and quality.
- The role holder will be responsible for defining a clear statement of work for each assignment, including agreeing appropriate deliverables and managing expectations against required business outcomes.
- The role holder is likely to be involved in the design & definition of methodology for new assignment types, and will be expected to follow pre-agreed frameworks.
- To manage and coach colleagues who are responsible for supporting and facilitating delivery of consultancy assignments, including a collective of team members from across the business.
- To support the Global Head of Consulting & Business Architecture oversee the use of external advisers and support HSS more broadly in the engagement of external advice.
- To communicate the benefits of the use of Consultancy & Business Architecture services to key stakeholders.
- The role holder will be expected to present status updates and escalate issues and risks as appropriate either via formal governance meetings, or to line management depending on the nature of the assignment.
The Consultant is expected to undertake a range of activities as part of any statement of work given that an assignment may commence at any stage of an initiative's lifecycle; from problem statement definition, to current state analysis, solution design, or somewhere part way through execution. In addition, Consultants are expected to oversee & support Associate Consultants deliverables.
- A high quality degree level education - highly desirable
- A professional re-engineering qualification (eg Agile/Scrum working, LEAN) - desirable
- A professional project management qualification (eg Prince2) - advantageous
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to plan & organise workload to meet deadlines, taking into account relative priorities & risk profile.
- Ability to analyse data from multiple sources & derive sound hypothesis for investigation
- Ability to build & maintain good working relationships with colleagues & third parties.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing & verbally.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision but invoking escalation as appropriate
- Good inter-personal & influencing skills
- Very strong stakeholder / senior sponsor management
- Strong team player capable of managing 360 degrees
- Self-motivated, proactive & outcome focused
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
Under the Company's internal 'Back to Front'/'Front to Back' transfer policy this role may be classed as High Risk. As a result, internal candidates may require enhanced approvals and vetting checks if they are currently employed in a Front Office department, or if they have worked in a Front Office department within the last 5 years (please refer to the HR FIM definition for further guidance). The enhanced approvals and vetting would need to be completed before the candidate will be confirmed in the role.