Crown Castle USA Inc
Houston, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world's most revolutionary technologies. As the largest shared infrastructure provider in the United States, Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers, 80,000 small cells and over 80,000 route miles of fiber across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service - bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is a NYSE S&P 500 and Fortune 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $100 billion.
Position Title: Business Analyst (4E)
The Business Analyst works as part of a cross-functional team to identify business needs and define potential solutions. These solutions may consist of business process improvements as well as information systems components. The successful candidate will work closely with various members of Real Estate Acquisitions (REA) to streamline processes and enhance technical systems. They will gather requirements from the business to translate and interface on with the technical development organization.
Essential Job Functions
* Complete process reviews, model business process, and develop process maps.
* Work with representatives from the various lines of business to identify process improvement opportunities and to assist in developing potential solutions.
* Decompose business and user requirements into requirements specifications to a level of detail suitable for use by those that must base their work on the requirements.
* Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
* Participate in peer reviews of work products and documents.
* Manage assigned projects to completion, ensuring that all activities are coordinated and completed on time and within budget. Track and report project progress, using standard methods and procedures to monitor critical project issues.
* Facilitate internal meetings with managers and other team members.
* Ensure proper and effective communication regarding process changes. Assist with the development of training as necessary.
* Act as a liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Analytics, Finance, Tech, MIS or related field preferred
* Minimum of two (2) + years of experience in the analysis and development of business processes and in the writing of functional requirements supporting systems development
* Possess an understanding of established process development and improvement and agile systems development methodologies
* Foundational understanding of the Crown business model and the telecommunications industry
* Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
* Understanding of metrics and their use to drive behavior and process change
* Knowledge of the Information Systems development process (e.g. Requirements Definition, User Testing, etc…)
* Ability to build and maintain relationships across cross-functional teams and to work effectively in a matrix organization
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
* Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
* Experience working in PowerBI and Oracle preferred
Reports to: Business Process Manager
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. We offer a hybrid working model with 3 days in local office and up to 2 days working remotely each week.
Additional Information: N/A