Business Analyst - Finance. IT
Transamerican Auto Parts
Compton, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
Transamerican Auto Parts Inc. (TAP) is currently looking for a D365 Business Analyst - Finance within the Information Systems (IS) department located in Compton, CA. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate who will be responsible for working with the IS and business users as a functional lead and subject matter expert during the digital transformation program at TAP. The first year will focus on an ERP conversion to Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations. The Business Analyst will oversee the design, configuration, customization, implementation and support for all related finance business processes in Dynamics 365. After the ERP implementation, the Business Analyst will be the subject matter expert for all finance process improvements and related evolutions to support business growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Gather and document business requirements through a variety of techniques (e.g. work sessions and interviews).
- Assist with the development of conceptual business model views and high-level and detailed business process designs.
- Develop required work products in accordance with project guidelines and timelines, such as drafting discussion notes, conducting testing, documenting and verifying test results, obtaining configuration data, documenting bugs, or developing end-user training materials.
- Assist in designing, configuring and implementing applications that meet user requirements.
- Provide leadership and guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Communicate in formal presentation settings including presentations, workshops and formal written deliverables.
- Train users on system capabilities, methodology and procedures.
- Provide PMO necessary inputs related to hours and status as needed for project administration and reporting.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or similar relevant working equivalent
- Deep knowledge of accounting and finance practices and procedures
- Ability to verify that the debits and credits are correct on a transaction
- Experience with AX2012, D365 for Finance & Operations (F&O) finance modules or finance modules of other ERP system(s)
- Working knowledge of some Microsoft tools (Excel, Word & PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong team player, i.e.; flexible, collegial, and enthusiastic
- Ability to effectively execute tasks while under pressure
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Possesses strong organizational skills
- AX2012 or Dynamics 365 F&O experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft development tools ( SharePoint, DevOps etc.)
- Omni channel experience (retail, web, call center)