Business Analyst - Contract
Norton Rose Fulbright
London City, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Retail & Consumer Products
The Business Analyst supports IT aspects of the analysis, change, and implementation of business process changes across Norton Rose Fulbright. This role will work closely with all areas of IT and the business to make sure that IT changes are aligned to business demands.
This role is responsible for running business process re-design efforts, establishing functional requirements for IT business systems and proposing solutions.
This individual will build good working relationships with key managers, business process owners and cross-functional teams in developing a solid understanding of their business processes and providing advice on the capabilities of existing systems and other relevant technology.
You will need to understand business requirements and produce business cases and project definitions for appropriate solutions, based on a sound knowledge of Norton Rose Fulbright's business, a deep understanding of relevant legal and business processes, and knowledge of the available software/technology.
The role will include:
- Design and develop requirements for components of large, complex projects, reaching objectives on time and within budget
- Collaborate with individuals and teams in the development and implementation of improved business processes
- Develop top level process flows and facilitate solution design for business systems
- Enable Norton Rose Fulbright to exploit existing systems to their fullest potential
- Lead and undertake the formal requirements analysis of new systems and enhancements to existing systems
- Lead functional requirements gathering and validation for business solutions and applications
- Where required, model business processes and facilitate their re-design by users
- Effectively integrate systems and business processes
- Liaise with and build relationships with key users, including partners, other fee earners and support staff
- Liaise with IT teams to make sure that proposed solutions take account of technical and resourcing constraints
- Build solid relationships with IT staff
- Explore and keep step with innovations in relevant software and technologies. Within the context of identified business requirements, assess their suitability for possible implementation within Norton Rose Fulbright
- Prepare and deliver presentations to the business and IT on proposed solutions
- Facilitate workshops with the business and IT
- Any other reasonable duties requested by CIO EMEA
Skills and Experience Required
- Significant experience in a business analyst or similar role
- Experience in working within multiple stakeholder environments
- Experience in a large scale IT projects including systems integration and change management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience in a legal or professional services practice desirable
- Business Administration or Legal academic qualifications an advantage
- Understanding of project management methodologies, architectural frameworks and key ITIL disciplines
- Experience with business process design and notation tools such as BPMN or UML
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Simon Bristow at (enquiries only please - we do not accept applications by email)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE