Clearwater, Florida, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
THIS ROLE WILL BE LOCATED IN CLEARWATER FL UNTIL 9/1/2021. COMPANY IS RELOCATING TO N. WESTSHORE BLVD TAMPA FL
The Business Analyst positions is a dynamic role where a strong business understanding of Personal Lines and Commercial Insurance meets technology. These skills are used in development of system requirements/solutioning for changes to business systems, business process improvement and documentation, and prioritization. An ideal candidate for a BA position can translate concepts into highly detailed functional system requirements that consider all downstream impacts from our internal employee experience all the way to the customer experience. Business Analysts will also need to draw on interpersonal skills to facilitate conversations or presentations with business stakeholders at all levels and have working knowledge of best project management practices to maintain work and priorities with system vendors.
Job Responsibilities / Functions:
* Ability to translate and interpret business vision or problem statements into written requirements for comprehensive systematic solutions to meet the organization's goals
* Facilitates conversations with business stakeholders on solutioning (may be system solutions or business process solutions) for problem statements
* Work closely with full Systems Team including Project Manager and Quality Analysts on impact analysis, acceptance criteria and test plans for systematic changes.
* Review and analyze solutions provided by vendors to ensure accuracy, comprehensiveness and that solutions truly meet organizational needs.
* Work as an active member of Systems Team, communicating the status of assignments, providing transparency to business stakeholders and be adaptable to changing priorities
* Evaluation opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of internal team and business processes
* Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
* Participates in special projects, limited system testing, or releases as assigned.
* Maintains the integrity of the company and products offered by complying with federal and state regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
* Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience: 2-3 years Property and Casualty Insurance experience
* Preferred candidates will possess 3-5 years of experience in a BA role or similar function.
* Experience in technical, business and process documentation
* Ability to work under pressure of shifting priorities and within tight deadlines while maintaining a strong attention to detail
* Ability to prioritize many different tasks
* Demonstrates proven abilities to work well in both a project team and individual setting
* Contributes to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members and other key business stakeholders
* Proactively seeks guidance, clarification and feedback from management and peers
* Demonstrates proven abilities that include creative thinking and problem-solving skills
* Communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner through both written and verbal formats with all levels of business management and system vendors
* Understanding of Personal and Commercial lines of insurance products (preferably throughout the whole lifecycle of a policy: New Business, Endorsements, Claims, Billing, etc.)
* Skills in conflict resolution
* Proven skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio) Outlook and preferably JIRA ticketing management software.