Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager
Jetro Restaurant Depot
Sacramento, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Banking & Financial Services
The branch manager and has the overall responsibility for ensuring operations in the warehouse is being maintained in accordance to company policy and guidelines. In addition, the assistant manager will be responsible for the entire operations of the warehouse in the absence of the branch manager. Depending on the size and volume of the warehouse, a warehouse may utilize one or two assistants. The duties of the assistant includes overseeing major departments in the warehouse; front end, receiving, perishables area, dry goods floor, equipment and small-wares, reception, inventory control & cash room. In addition, branch assistants may also oversee administrative functions, merchandising, safety issues, HACCP, in-store audits, physical inventory preparation, as well as participating in external store audits for the company.
The senior management team provides leadership and guidance to all store employees and department managers, and ensures he/she is communicating all pertinent issues to the branch manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee assigned departments/areas to ensure company policy and guidelines are being followed.
- Maintain constant communications with branch manager, keeping him/her alerted of any pertinent issues.
- Coordinate HACCP program in warehouse.
- Routine warehouse walks to ensure cycle counts, safety-related issues, HACCP, and overall warehouse is operating within our company standards.
- Ensure warehouse is in compliance with CAL-OSHA guidelines (as specified in manual).
- Coordinate Safety Meetings and perform Safety Inspections as needed.
- Perform Safety Audits as specified in guidelines.
- Perform external Store Audits as needed (coordinated by Internal Auditor).
- Assist with drafting weekly work schedule as needed.
- Make recommendations for hiring, promoting, and disciplinary action(s) as needed.
- Store Opening or Store Closing as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Regional Manager.
- Basic Math and 10-key point of sale system.
- Understand the concept of providing Superior Customer Service.
- Excellent understanding of Jetro or Restaurant Depot warehouse operations.
- Excellent working knowledge of Inventory Control and JSS.
- Excellent Communication and Leadership skills with ability to resolve conflicts desired.
- Excellent decision-making skills required.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.