Few advertisers do not entertain applications from outside of Switzerland. Please click apply, to check if you are allowed to.
Big Data Software Engineer
Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
- Customers and Swisscom are interacting through many channels, from shop to online, call to chat bots, letter to emails.
- How to improve customer experience and Swisscom processes? What are the patterns bringing to a purchase or successful support case? Is online channel attracting more customers?
- You will enable Swisscom to answer many other questions by providing insights about the customer journey, a cross channel collection of customer activities.
- Based on a provided big data platform, you will build and maintain data stream applications from different sources (like Web or CRM) and expose real time actionable insights through APIs ready to be consumed by other services.
- In a small agile team, you will implement new use cases using open source technologies, design new architecture patterns, ingest new data sources, improve our DevOps environment, explore new technologies and share your knowledge.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree (ETH/Uni/UAS) in computer science, information technology, or a similar field
- Professional experience in software development using Scala or Java
- Proven track records in building data pipelines using big data technologies (Spark, Kafka, Flink, Cassandra, Hadoop)
- Experienced in solution architecture and design of backend applications
- Eager for DevOps mindset and technologies (Ansible, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Prometheus, Grafana)
- Fast learner, proactive personality, well organized and able to work independently in a small agile team
- Very good English, German is a plus