Audio Visual Commissioning Engineer
Prospero Integrated 45000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Barkingside, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
The main duties of the Commissioning Engineer include:
* Supervising system pre-build works at our premises to the required standards.
* Creation of configuration software for such devices as Audio DSPs, Matrices etc
* To carry our system testing and configuration of systems built off site prior to factory acceptance testing.
* Preparing acceptance testing documentation prior to client or consultant factory acceptance tests conducted on our premises
* To assist in the second fix of AV, Broadcast and UCC systems to supplied design drawings and cable schedules and to the highest possible standards.
* To provide project details and equipment specifications to in-house and third-party control system programmers and provide assistance with control system programming and any control system issues
* To set up, test and commission systems on site to meet the required standards
* Completion, and where appropriate, documentation of as-built version of configuration software for DSPs, Matrices etc
* In conjunction with the Project Manager to gather 'on-site change' information and site-specific details such as IP addresses, MAC Addresses, phone numbers etc and pass this information via a marked-up CAD drawing to the CAD draughtsmen for the production of as-built drawings.
* To provide technical support for all systems installed including technical advice to the client and other team members
* To provide, where necessary, technical support for on-site system maintenance, system repairs and modifications post project completion.
* To provide technical information and support for all the Sales, Installation and Project Management staff
* In depth Professional AV and/or Broadcast Television systems engineering knowledge, close attention to detail
* Communication skills - ability to deal politely and efficiently with customers both on the telephone and in meetings.
* Experience in software set up of routing systems, DSPs, graphics processors etc
* Experience in fault-finding complex AV/IT/ Broadcast systems
* Experience in commission complex AV/IT/Broadcast systems
* IP Networking knowledge
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Current and clean Driving License.
* Control system programming experience (Crestron and AMX), Infocomm CTS Certification (CTS / CTS-I / CTS-D)