Asst Athletic Dir Academics
New Rochelle, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
In accordance with all NCAA, Conference and College policies and procedures, this position will report to the Senior Associate Athletic Director. This position is responsible for monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes. Duties include monitoring progress-towards-degree, developing academic plans for at-risk student-athletes, meeting with student-athletes on probation, and managing the academic center. The individual in this position serves as the liaison with all college academic officials and faculty members.
- Meet with at-risk student-athletes, specifically those placed on academic probation. This includes weekly meetings, communication with faculty, reviewing probation contracts, setting up tutor appointments, and the development of academic plans. These meetings are in place to offer extra support, guidance and structure.
- Monitor progress-towards-degree of student-athletes by conducting degree audits and keeping spreadsheets of teams' grades including semester GPA, CUM GPA, credits attempted, credits earned, total credits completed, and teams' overall semester GPA. The position also works in conjunction with the Compliance office to certify student-athletes for NCAA eligibility.
- Serve as point of contact and liaison with all academic officials on campus, including faculty, the Center for Advising and Academic Services, the Dean's office (both A&S and Business), and the Provost's office. Correspond frequently with professors in regard to student-athlete progress. Distribute academic reports (progress report grades, final grades, and absence reports) to coaches.
- Assist student-athletes with creating their class schedules to accommodate practice and game commitments. Work closely with the Center for Advising and Academic Services to determine course placement and schedules for incoming freshmen and transfers.
- Oversee the Student Athlete Advisory Council (SAAC) and serve as on-site game administrator for appointed teams.
- Manage the day-to-day functions of the academic center, which includes monitoring the study hall hours of the student-athletes and maintaining supplies.
Iona College , a highly accredited liberal arts institution of academic excellence, seeks to grow our diverse community of learners, scholars and staff located at our scenic 45-acre campus in New Rochelle , just 20 minutes north of midtown Manhattan, and at our satellite program at Rockefeller Center. At Iona we are committed to educating lifelong learners in the tradition of the Christian Brothers and American Catholic higher education. We prepare our 3,300 undergraduates and 600 graduate students with career-ready skills and success in all facets of their lives by nurturing the values of justice, peace and service. Our continued success depends on attracting and retaining a highly motivated, results-oriented and talented team. Learn more about what makes us unique: review our Mission, Vision & Values , our stories in the media and our compelling benefits . Join the Iona College team and partner with us as we Move the World!
Iona College is committed to attracting and supporting a staff and faculty of women and men that fully represents the racial, ethnic and cultural diversity of the nation and our institution; as a result, we actively seek applications from individuals of all backgrounds and beliefs.