Newark, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team?
Are you passionate about technical engineering?
The Associate Engineer (AE) works with and under the supervision of senior-level Engineers, assisting with post-sales engineering, consulting design, and implementation services related to hardware and software technologies. Additionally, Associate Engineers provide pre-sales support by assisting senior-level Engineers with the development, review, and validation of customer solutions. Travel is required - Computacenter Fusionstorm Inc. AE will spend a majority of their time working at client sites and the Integration Center.
Working with and under the direction of senior-level Engineers, Associate Engineers will:
- Partners with business leaders to deliver services that support company objectives and that are consistent with Winning Together values.
- Assist in identifying design options for systems infrastructure.
- Support Pre-sales activities by assisting the Sales and Engineering groups with requests for quotes, information, bids, proposals, and statements of work.
- Interact with Solutions Architects, Engineers, and vendors to adjust designs to meet the customer's needs.
- Assist Project Managers and Engineers on post-sales client and project specific tasks required for customers.
- Perform the build, configuration, testing, and maintenance of servers, storage, and virtualization and networking related hardware and software.
- Prioritize and perform research on technical problems.
- Assist with identifying, researching, analyzing, and resolving system malfunctions and operational problems.
- Develop design, testing, implementation, and change control documentation.
- Meet schedules and goals for projects you're doing
- Track project tasks against project plan and meet project achievements.
- Provide status reports to management on work you're doing as required.
- Communicate technical information to non-technical personnel, vertically and horizontally within an organization.
- Work with other IT Support personnel and service providers to solve technical problems.
- Work in conjunction with Solutions Architects and other teams to craft, maintain, and publish a set of written procedures and standard methodologies for the delivery of pre and post sales engineering services to customers.
- Rapidly learn new technologies and paradigms.
- Provide after-hours on-call support.
- Participate in vendor training to maintain and improve knowledge of existing and new products.
- Support local vendor relationships within the Region.
- Utilize business management tools for tracking time, expenses and project status, and documentation.
- Support Sales efforts to meet Regional financial goals.
- Embrace and support Computacenter's mission and core values.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Knowledge of one or more hardware and software technologies and professional services solutions.
- Some understanding of server, storage, virtualization or networking technologies, procedures, operations, and standard methodologies.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience
- Technology industry certifications a plus.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation skills, and analytical skills.
- Strong social skills; able to work well with people from many different disciplines.
- Willing to develop and maintain skill set and product knowledge to improve value and to deliver quality services to our customers. This includes attaining designated certification requirements and attending product-specific training, reviewing technical literature, and obtaining hands-on experience.
- Professional self-starter
- Projects a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions.
- Possesses a sense of urgency, strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Able to multi-task, stay organized, and works efficiently.
- Independently, as well as collaboratively with others
- Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Understand and abide by all security and operational polices.
WHY COMPUTACENTER?Computacenter is a leading independent technology partner, trusted by large corporate and public sector organizations. We help our customers to source, transform and manage their IT infrastructure to deliver digital transformation, enabling users and their business. Computacenter is a public company quoted on the London FTSE 250 (CCC.L) and employs over 15,000 people worldwide. In US we support some of the country's best-known businesses with regional headquarters in both San Francisco & New York City and an Integration Center in Silicon Valley.
WE OFFER A GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE!
There's so much more to enjoy about being at Computacenter Fusionstorm Inc. than just having a rewarding career. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, Computacenter Fusionstorm Inc. provides an attractive mix of benefit plans to contribute to its employees' good health, future financial security and peace of mind.
You must be authorized to work in the United States.
Computacenter Fusionstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.
No AGENCIES, please. We are not obligated to pay any fees for any individuals we decide to hire.