Associate Director of Protein Science / Molecular Biology
AlivaMab Discovery Services
San Diego, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Science & Technology
# of Openings 1
Category Research & Development
AlivaMab Discovery Services is currently recruiting for an Associate Director of Protein Science / Molecular Biology to be located in San Diego, CA.
AlivaMab Discovery Services (ADS) is a newly formed company based in San Diego that will offer human therapeutic antibody discovery services using Ablexis' AlivaMab Mouse platform technology. AlivaMab Mouse provides unparalleled benefits that enable the discovery of next generation, break through antibody drugs for patients.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Expertise with molecular recovery and sequence analysis of variable region sequences
- Experience in reformatting and recombinant mammalian cell production of antibodies
- Expertise in antibody purification including small- and medium-scale cultures
- Biophysical characterization of antibody-antigen interactions including SPR
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Previous experience supervising direct reports with a proven track record of developing careers
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Meticulous record keeping and attention to detail
- Driven to improve efficiencies and manage costs without sacrificing quality of work product
- PhD with a minimum of 6 years of related experience in a biotechnology or pharma company or a BS/MS with a minimum of 10 years of related experience including management of small groups
AlivaMab Discovery Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Led by personnel with combined decades of experience in therapeutic antibody drug discovery and development, AlivaMab Discovery Services is launching to expand the utility of AlivaMab Mouse within the biotech community. This is a unique juncture where you can get involved at the onset. We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated person to serve as Associate Director/Group Leader of Protein Science/ Molecular Biology to join our collaborative antibody discovery team. In this exciting opportunity you will be working hands-on within therapeutic antibody discovery, as well as, leading a group responsible for molecular recovery, expression and purification of therapeutic antibody candidates downstream of screening. It is a roll up your sleeves environment where everyone's contributions are an integral key to our success. The activities of the group will include molecular recovery of antibody sequences from hybridomas or B cells, sequence analysis, antibody expression and purification from hybridomas and recombinant cells, and biophysical characterization of antibodies (Octet or SPR based).