Assistant Technical Product Manager
Anonymous 25000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Halifax, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Advert / Media / Entertainment
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an Assistant Technical Manager to provide product support to the Technical Manager. Applicants will be considered from either a graduate or experienced perspective.
The position offers an extensive training and development program with an international business renowned for quality and high value products.
The position is a multi-faceted role and will be to assist in the maintenance and development of our clients product database, provide technical support to customers, providing product data to support the review and analysis of sales in the woven and non-woven industries.
• Maintain relevant product related databases particularly PDM ensuring that product data is accurate and complete
• Provide cover and support for the Technical Product Manager Europe Middle East America (EMEA)
• Work closely with the European marketing teams to support the regional portfolio management process.
• Work with the Digital Marketing team to ensure the product specifier app is kept up to date with relevant product data and is fully functioning.
• Ensure product data is kept up to date for example recycled content calculations.
• Work with the NPD team to support the process and have regular dialogue with the Marketing teams to keep them fully updated and to ensure they have the product data they require.
• Regularly update the NPD and Product data pages
• Provide technical support to Sales, Marketing etc. Ensure accurate, up to date and timely information and advice is provided when required.
• Support the Sales process by providing appropriate product data to Account Managers and Customer Services. Be a point of contact for technical sales queries.
• Help to manage customer complaints within the UK. Take full responsibility for testing of products, checking batch records, materials from stock etc to assess the validity of complaints.
• Provide information to the Technical Product Manager EMEA and the UK Site Services team so that a response to the customer can be made.
• Keep Case Management updated and perform regular complaint trend analysis.
• A level standard of education or equivalent
• An ambitious 'hands on' individual, practical and enthusiastic
• A diplomatic but assertive individual with the ability to problem solve
Desirable experience and Qualifications, but certainly not essential;
Degree qualification - Not essential
Knowledge of technical performance standards.
High level of woven or non-woven products knowledge - textiles, fabrics, felt, fibres, foam, carpets, yarns
The position will provide the opportunity to join our client's products and innovation team