Assistant Property Manager- Drayton Mills Lofts
Rivergate KW Residential
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Real Estate & Property
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
- The assistant manager for an apartment development performs duties associated with leasing apartments to new tenants.
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc.).
- Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on Guest Cards and in Rent Manager.
- Files own guest cards and maintain according to established procedures.
- Inspect models and available, communicate related service needs to Assistant Property Manager.
- Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to prospect needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Update availability report, process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) Submit processed applications to the Property Manager for approval. Follow up with applicant regarding status.
- Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
- Immediately follow-up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them to sister communities to meet prospect's needs.
- Secure new resident signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orient new residents to community.
- Assist in monitoring renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewal notices.
- Monitor advertising effectiveness. Gather information about market competition in the area and file.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
- Understand the lease and contracted credit report application.
- Accept rental payments and post rents to the computer.
- Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Record monies collected and prepare bank deposit slips on an on-going basis.
- Debit, credit and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases using specialized accounting software.
- Ensure that all proper and legal documents are received, current, accurately verified and entered into the computer from new vendors, prior to payment being processed.
- Communicate with Property Managers regarding accuracy of invoices received; that purchase orders are attached and invoices are coded correctly, according to company procedures.
- Ensure that all invoices received from the properties are approved, entered and paid within a timely manner.
- Access computerized financial information to resolve vendor and payment disputes.
- Check figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
- Operate 10-key calculators, copy and facsimile machines to perform calculations, produce and distribute documents.
- Prepare statement of accounting notices for past residents.
- Prepare, review and close financial books for assigned properties on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and review quarterly and year end reports.
- Provide accounting support to Property Manager.
- Assist in lease transactions by typing leases, gathering applicant's history and credit approvals.
- Maintain accurate monthly commission sheets on leases, renewals and delinquencies for bonus purposes.
- Assume Community Manager's duties/authority in absence of immediate supervisor in accordance with company and community guidelines.
- Provide general clerical assistance to community office
- Updates required reports concerning move-out notices, activity, etc., on a daily basis and provides information to the property manager.
- Organizes and files all applicable reports, leases, and paperwork.
- Proof reads all lease paperwork and processes move-ins and move-outs.
- Processes all security deposit move-out reports.
- Accepts service requests from residents and routes to maintenance for prompt processing. Conducts service follow-up with resident when work is completed
- Maintains accurate resident records. Updates on daily basis all rents, deposits and application fees received from residents. Issue appropriate notice when necessary (e.g., late payments, eviction notices, returned check memos).
- Deposits all receipts prior to bank close each day.
- Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Quickly complete maintenance Service Request and inform the maintenance team. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed Service Requests on a weekly basis.
- Maintain open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
- Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as directed by the Property Manager.
- Enforce policies of the community.
- Physically inspects community when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to maintenance staff. Will also inspect move-outs and vacancies when requested.
- Collect move out keys and move tenant out of the system in OneSite
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate degree (AA or AS) from a four-year college or university; or one to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; RealPage/Onesite software; Human Resource systems; Internet software; Inventory software; Order Processing systems; Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some lifting; typically 25lbs. or less.
- Ability to climb up to four flights of stairs to access units.
- Ability to walk several acres to tour the community.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stress associated with completing tasks in a timely manner and relating to other facets of the job.
- Exposure to noise is frequent.
- Exposure to a variety of weather conditions is frequent.
This is a drug-free workplace.