Assistant Director of Nursing
Aria at Mitchell Manor
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Executive Positions
Aria at Mitchell Manor - FUNCTION: Assists the Director of Nurses in the overall management of the Nursing Department and coordination with other disciplines to provide quality care to all residents.
Education and/or Experience: A registered nurse with management or supervisor experience in long-term care or geriatric nursing preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current unrestricted state license to practice as a nurse. Current CPR certification and additional certification in nursing specialty desired.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when necessary.
Must possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
Must possess the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Plans, coordinates and manages the nursing Department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of nursing care and services provided to the residents.
1. Supports and practices the philosophy, objectives and standards of the Department of Nursing and participates in the revision of these as necessary to ensure quality care to all residents.
2. Ensures that the department is adequately staffed to provide quality care to residents.
3. Ensures the provision of in-service/staff development programs that contribute to meeting nursing department objectives/standards, and comply with all state and federal requirements.
4. Provides clinical expertise to facilitate and support the nursing process in resident interventions/care provided.
5. Ensures a safe and sanitary environment for residents, employees and visitors.
6. Functions as Acting Director of Nurses in the absence of the Director of Nurses.
7. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Nurses.