Assistant Construction Project Manager
Nova Partners, Inc.
San Francisco, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Construction
Nova Partners is the leading construction management firm in the San Francisco bay area. We are known for our quality people, project delivery, and technical knowledge that is unsurpassed in the construction management industry. There are no corporate-heavy processes, no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work within multiple small project teams who are self-sufficient and autonomous. A 26-year-old start up, with 50 employees, whose quality of people help you grow and rise to the challenge.
We promote from within and celebrate a positive, inclusive work environment. We support each other at various levels- from the immediate project team, to the Directors, to our 3 passionate Executives (who remain hands-on Project Managers every day). If you've ever met our teammates, you'll notice they're truly the best and the brightest.
Nova manages diverse projects from inception to delivery for commercial real estate, biotech, healthcare, data centers, education, civic, energy, or other sectors for ground-up, renovations, or tenant improvement. Our technical construction project management skills and experience ensure we execute to deliver our clients vision.
Our latest job opportunity is for an Assistant Project Manager, who has managed a variety of clients for construction projects in the San Francisco Bay area. We have a variety of projects that need your help in San Francisco through the peninsula, extending down to Santa Clara.
- Support Project Management activities, gaining responsibility with mentorship from the Executives and leading Project Managers.
- Coordinate with the Architect, Contractor, and other project team members to meet the project objectives and resolve issues at all project stages.
- Assist Senior Project Managers to represent and interface with the owner to ensure the desired project at a competitive price, delivered on schedule, and at the desired quality.
- Attend owner, architect and contractor meetings, taking the meeting notes and managing the follow-up action items.
- Review project construction documents, shop drawings, submittals and achieve intimate familiarity with the owners' and architects' intentions and requirements.
- Assist in preparing estimates or supporting our in-house estimator by gathering budget and costs for the various portions of the project.
- Develop, manage, and analyze the project schedule showing design, permitting, approvals, construction and fit-up.
- Establish and maintain procedures for handling changes to the contract documents, monthly valuations, drawing submissions, change orders, requests for information (RFI's), substitutions, etc.
- Assist in preparing a site analysis for safety, quality, and logistics.
- Participate in value engineering sessions to help modify the design to reduce cost.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering preferred.
- 4+ years of experience at a respected general contractor or consulting construction management firm.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and MS Project.
- Experience with ground-up construction in commercial real estate construction ideal, huge plus for project experience with hospitals, labs, and other complex projects.
- Experience working in the US. Project experience in California, especially in the SF Bay Area preferred.
- We seek those with intellectual curiosity, have a knack for critical problem-solving, and great sense of humor.
Looking forward to speaking with you!