Area Cleaning Supervisor
Aldeburgh, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Government & Defence
Area Cleaning Supervisor - Vertas Group Limited
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Location: Bury St Edmunds and surrounding areas
Post 1: 20 hours per week - 06:00am - 10:00am
Post 2: 20 hours per week - 15:00pm - 19:00pm
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-services facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is driven by putting our colleagues and customers at the heart of everything we do.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Area Cleaning Supervisor to join our team operating from Bury St Edmunds but may equally suit candidates in outer lying areas. The role will involve assisting with the provision of a cleaning service in accordance with requirements and to the satisfaction of staff and clients.
* Sustainability: Using electronic systems effectively and reducing waste.
* Consistency: Working as a Team and providing an excellent service across the Vertas Group.
* Integrity: Making decisions with the whole of the Company in mind.
* Partnership: Listening and responding to colleagues, customers and suppliers to achieve the best outcome.
* Agility: To continuously improve ourselves, systems and processes and be flexible to change.
The Area Cleaning Supervisor will have:
* Previous experience working in a cleaning environment.
* Great customer service and communication skills.
* Ability to discuss customer problems and manage workload and expectation.
* Ability to give clear verbal or written instructions.
* A clean driving licence and use of a company vehicle is necessary.
Main responsibilities include:
* Travelling to various sites supporting cleaning managers and staff.
* Holiday and absence cover cleaning in times of absence.
* Provide support with quality monitoring reports and recording.
* Assisting the movement or people, equipment or materials as may be required.
* Support specialist deep cleaning activities.
* Remove rubbish / clinical waste / sharps.
* Vacuuming carpeted areas and material covered furniture.
* Cleaning high hygiene areas e.g. toilets, kitchen.
* Dusting and damp wiping edges and ledges around the rooms.
* Mop and damp sweeping hard surface floors.
* Laundry and/ or other additional duties.
* £10.00 per hour.
* Term Time working.
* Company pension scheme.
* Lifeworks Staff discount scheme.
* Job related training plus personal development opportunities