Application Systems Engineer III - PeopleSoft
Alameda County Information Technology Department
Oakland, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Senior Systems Analyst
PeopleSoft Application Development & Support
Alameda County IT Department
Position Type Full-Time Employee Application Systems Engineer III
Company Name Alameda County Information Technology Department
Location Oakland, CA
Competitive salary, excellent benefits, good location (one block from 12th Street BART station)
Keywords: PeopleSoft, Financials, FSCM, SCM, Systems Analyst, PeopleTools, Oakland, Alameda County
Alameda County IT is hiring a Senior Systems Analyst for PeopleSoft Financials.
Our current environment supports PeopleSoft HRMS 9.2, PeopleSoft Financials 9.2, and PeopleTools 8.55 running on SQL Server 2012.
Development environment consists of SQR, App Engine, PeopleCode, and Crystal Reports.
The PeopleSoft Financials Support Team is engaged in development, and on-going maintenance of PeopleSoft system with FLUID architecture. This position is in direct support of PeopleSoft systems and modules, specifically AP, GL, AM, Purchasing and Strategic Sourcing. As part of the PeopleSoft team, this position serves as functional and technical analyst for PeopleSoft development projects, and designing of creative solutions to complex business problems, works very closely with business owners and users. A proficiency in FLUID technology, developing, modifying, and supporting existing PeopleSoft menus, pages, components, records, tables, and modifications is critical.
Job Duties include:
- Lead efforts for analysis of Systems, development activities
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and deliverables
- Interface with functional resources and users to design, develop and test solutions for complex business requirements or problems
- Candidates need to possess the equivalent of a minimum of eight years of full-time, increasingly responsible experience in systems analysis and programming. In addition, the candidate needs to be
- Technical expert with in-depth knowledge in area of Financial and Supply Chain applications such as General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Purchasing and Asset Management
- Must be familiar with all aspects of procure to pay
- Must be familiar in applying 1099 and PUM updates
- Strategic Sourcing module knowledge a plus
- PeopleSoft experience must include a minimum of six years of working in PeopleSoft systems, programming with SQR, SQL Server, PS Query, PeopleTools, PeopleCode, App Designer, Crystal, and nVision.
- Experience with PeopleSoft version 9.0 or higher preferred
- Skilled at communicating technical concepts on problem solutions to business users and to the peers in the team in an effective manner
- Skilled at utilizing Microsoft Project, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Project Management experience is a plusTO APPLY: Please respond to this posting with a pdf version of your resume.
Minimum Requirements for Classification: The equivalent of four years full time experience designing, developing, analyzing, supporting and implementing complex software systems and a bachelor s degree with a major in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field, or seven years of experience without a degree.
Equal Opportunity Employer Alameda County does not provide sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B).
Qualified candidates who are extended a conditional offer of employment will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification documents upon hire.
Benefits include: County Defined Benefit Pension Plan, eleven (11) paid holidays a year + initial accrual rate of ten (10) vacation days/yr (increases over time) + seven (7) additional management paid vacation days/year + four (4) floating holidays/year + accrual of thirteen (13) sick days/year. Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ FSA/ Transportation cafeteria benefit selection options, and much more!- provided by Dice