Hands on Application Development Manager
Global Indemnity Group
Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
The Manager, IT Development, is a key member of the application development leadership team. This individual will apply proven communication and problem solving skills, development expertise, and knowledge of best practices to guide his/her development team on the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical software systems.
This position is available in the Bala Cynwyd, PA office. The Manager, IT Development, will have opportunities to work with professional colleagues in several offices in the United States and Ireland, and will have significant exposure to senior management of the company. Some travel may be required to our other offices.
The ideal candidate will have minimum of 3 years of experience directly managing development resources and designing and supporting modern web applications and APIs. A strong passion for software development, coaching, learning, and progress is a must. A deep development background as a programmer or an application architect, with the technical requirements listed below, is required to allow the candidate to be an effective manager.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage a team of developers to design, develop, monitor, and maintain applications to support Global Indemnity's P&C insurance operations.
- Provide strategic direction for the development team, identifying opportunities to consolidate, enhance, and upgrade the existing framework.
- Manage development work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Collaborate with multiple agile teams (pods) on successfully delivering projects and initiatives.
- Manage development teams in multiple locations, US and abroad; driving common processes and procedures, efficiency and development best practices.
- Manage and provide resolution of support and maintenance changes; resolving problems within established service levels for the customers.
- Manage staff, including orientation, training, career development, performance management and counseling as needed.
· 3+ years leading software development teams
· Experience in collaborative design and development in an agile team environment
· Experience introducing new technology and process to teams
· Knowledge of insurance business concepts and applications.
· Proven project planning and management experience
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
· Strong customer-service orientation.
- 8+ years of experience full stack, object oriented programming experience, using C#, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server.
· 2+ years of experience with Web API, HTTP, REST
· 2+ years of experience creating front end applications with SPA frameworks (preferred framework: Angular)
· 2+ years of experience and advanced understanding building and maintaining CI & CD pipelines. (preferred tooling: Azure DevOps)
- Proven experience in creating enterprise and solution level architectural designs according to software development best practices, patterns and methodologies.
- Successful experience implementing unit tests and writing testable code.
· Advanced experience using and troubleshooting source control, branching, and merging. (Preferred tooling: Git).
· Experience with Microsoft Azure PaaS offerings including App Services, Function Apps, Azure Storage, etc.
- Bonus knowledge and experience: VS Code, Azure DevOps, ARM Templates, .NET Core and ASP.NET Core