Anaplan Business Systems Analyst
TechLink Systems, Inc.
San Francisco, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Role and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with FP&A team to manage, review and implement roadmap for improving current Anaplan builds and introducing new financial modeling
- Prepare and review documentation for current processes, model structures, and assumptions for finance systems and continuously identify gaps and opportunities for automation projects that will streamline workflows and processes within FP&A
- Design and own the build of future models within Anaplan based agreed-upon FP&A road map
- Manage the ongoing administration of Anaplan, including user roles and permissions, architecture of lists, modules, and dashboards, data flow and integrations, automation batch scripting, etc.
- Be the main point of contact with Anaplan and serve as primary liaison between FP&A and IT for all financial systems related issues, updates and enhancement projects
- Perform complex business and systems analysis work, root cause analysis and provide forward thinking, long term technical solutions; conduct requirements gathering/analysis following the Agile methodology
- Lead cross-functional requirement sessions to elicit, document and analyze business requirements and functional specifications. Includes identifying unspoken or conflicting requirements and challenging the norm
- Design, scope, and build innovative solutions that automate and scale business systems for FP&A team
- Maintain our critical business systems: coordinate system upgrade activity, respond to issues and incidents and provide day-to-day administration of the critical business systems that drive our global finance operations
- Draw from your experience to recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, IT, or other analytics-related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of model building experience in Anaplan
- Hands on experience with designing and supporting Anaplan integration with other business systems like NetSuite, Workday etc.
- Experience with full system implementation lifecycles (analyze, design, build, test, implement, support)
- Hands-on experience with SaaS financial and integration applications like NetSuite, RevPro, Xactly, Coupa etc
- Experience working with systems that handle sensitive data and with SOX controls and change management processes
- Exceptional communication with active listening skills, and ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong problem solving and analytical/critical thinking skills needed
- A good understanding of key financial business processes (Billing, Collections, sales compensation, Revenue Management, Procure-to-Pay, Quote-to-Cash)