AFC Case Manager
Wakefield, Massachusetts, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
EMARC is currently seeking a full-time Case Manager to join our Adult Family Care team in Wakefield, MA. The Case Manager provides comprehensive case management for AFC Individuals and Caregivers including intake assessment, goal setting, progress monitoring, training, advocacy and referrals. This position also assists with the development and evaluation of the AFC Plan of Care. This position is required to participate in the rotation of the AFC Emergency Cell phone.
RATE OF PAY
Commensurate with experience
40 hours per week, exact hours and schedule will be individually arranged with supervisor to accommodate job. Hours will include evenings. Some on-call required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts the initial and ongoing assessments of the AFC qualified setting.
- Obtains a social history and conducts a psychosocial assessment and evaluation of the individual.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and ongoing review of the AFC plan of care.
- Conducts on-site visits with each individual and the caregiver in the qualified setting monthly or bi-monthly.
- Completes progress notes, ensuring the documentation is completed in a timely manner.
- Assists the individual in obtaining information and accessing other health-care and community services.
- Reviews and documents the fire and safety procedures for the qualified setting.
- Participates in discharge planning and implementation.
- Participates in ISP and team meetings as needed, attends other meetings as required.
- Bachelor's Degree (Social Work, Sociology or Psychology strongly preferred).
- Minimum two (2) years clinical experience working with people with disabilities.
- Valid driver's license.
- Acceptable CORI report and fingerprinting results.